LINKS TO IMPORTANT RESOURCES:
- We highly recommend you contact www.StateOfFlorida.com and request their informative book, “Florida Business Guide – The most Complete Guide for Operating a Business in Florida.”
- Two more excellent resources are www.FloridaSmallBusiness.com and www.sunbiz.org.
- Florida’s official website, MyFlorida.com, for links to all types of state information for new and existing businesses.
- State business or professional licenses. Business owners can use the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation’s website to apply for their licenses (in some cases), renew licenses, search license records and find exam information. www.myflorida.com/dbpr/
- Contact the Florida Department of Revenue for a Sales Tax License. www.myflorida.com/dor
- Small Business Development Centers often have detailed information on licensing and permitting in cities, counties and other entities in their area. Find an SBDC near you by checking www.floridasbdc.com.
- Construction Industry Licensing Board. www.myflorida.com/dbpr/pro/cilb/index.html
- St Lucie County Contractor Licensing. www.stlucieco.gov/public_works/contract_licen.htm
- Martin County Property Appraiser. www.paoweb.martin.fl.us/index.html
- Palm Beach County Property Appraiser. www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/papa/index.htm
- St Lucie County Property Appraiser. www.paslc.org/